How to find the source branch of a branch in git


Build kept failing for one of the projects that I was trying to compile and I was told that the source branch ( meaning the original branch from where my working branch got created from) just compiles fine. I had this doubt in my mind, is the branch that I'm working on is really branched from of from the same source branch that I was told? How do I figure that out.. 

I know, gitk right???

But, I want to see if this is possible with git log. And it turns out , its possible with git log 

 git log --graph --color --decorate --oneline --all
And finally I figured I was given a wrong branch to work with - *smile*  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

yarn nodemanager doesn't start - Caused by: EPERM: Operation not permitted

gpg: cancelled by user